In addition to her design work, Jaimee Rose is an award-winning journalist and was a features writer for The Arizona Republic for nearly 15 years. She welcomes select freelance projects. She was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for her contributions to the coverage of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting and recovery. She has written for USA Today, The Los Angeles Times and The Baltimore Sun. Her work has been featured on 20/20, National Public Radio, The NBC Nightly News, and CNN. She has also been a finalist for The Livingston Award and the Nieman Foundation Fellowship at Harvard.
While at The Arizona Republic, she also pursued her love of interior design and magazine photo styling, and her work in that vein was published in AZ Magazine, The Arizona Republic, Prime Living magazine, Stratos Magazine and on Hostess With the Mostess and Apartment Therapy.
You can read selections of her work via the following links:
- The Question of a Lifetime: Was his top-secret flight this war pilot’s promised destiny?
- Navigating a Love Story: Will, Sandy, and the open road
- Climbing Back: A year after surviving a fiery plane crash, a mother of four slowly regains her footing
- Exclusive: Inside the Recovery of Gabrielle Giffords
- Bucks and Buxom: A Scottsdale man paired antlers with bikinis and found success 12 months a year
- The Taxidermist who is afraid of blood
- The particular politics of a Navajo presidential election
- The Gangs of Nordstrom’s Last Chance: Covert alliances, conspiracy theories, and wars over slightly used Prada shoes